ShadeFin’s ocean-inspired design provides expanded shade coverage for multiple areas of the boat, including fore, aft and sides of tops or anywhere there is a rod holder. ShadeFin’s fabric provides an excellent UPF 50+ rating of sun protection while boating and fishing, or when relaxing at the dock and sand bar.
To anticipate the needs of many boaters, ShadeFin pairs with either a Fixed or Adjustable Rod Holder Mount, which insert into any standard rod holder, a Hardtop Bracket Mount, the Grand Slam 170 Outrigger or 170-2 Center Rigger Mounts, or with a Fixed or Adjustable Clamp-On Mount for pipe or tube. ShadeFin also works with a Telescopic Rod Holder Accessory from extended coverage right from the gunnel. ShadeFin’s body houses the ribs and material, and is offered in black or white.
A protective mesh storage sleeve comes standard with the 12-pound ShadeFin. To operate ShadeFin, remove the sleeve, mount to a desired location onboard and activate the underside release tabs. Structural ribs attached to weather-resistant sun-protecting fabric expand out from the body to lock the fin in place.
- Patent No. 10, 604, 214
- Light, compact and portable
- Easily mounts into any standard rod holder
- Comes with or without a Fixed Rod Holder Mount
- Adjustable Rod Holder Mount options available
- Clamp-On Mount options available for 3/4” to 1” Schedule-40 pipe and 1-1/4" O.D. tube
- Large coverage area of 5’ X 6’
- UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) rating of 50+ (“Excellent” rating)
- Made of high-quality anodized aluminum parts